Designing and Manufacturing Power Distribution Boxes According to the Samsung Safety Standard
This Israeli OEM customer provides metrology equipment solutions for thin films based on novel, rapid, non-contacting and non-destructive X-ray technology for the Semiconductor industry.
The customer asked Alexander Schneider to design and manufacture a power distribution box to be integrated into their machine tool. The unit was to be designed according to the Samsung Safety standard.
Solution and Work Process
In order to meet the safety requirements of this project we undertook the following Scope of Work (SoW):
- Studying the Samsung Safety standard.
- Mechanical and electrical design according to the Samsung standard.
- Material selection based on Samsung approved vendors.
- Design and implementation of ATP.
- High quality documentation.
The two major challenges we faced were:
- Develop and manufacture according to a new Samsung safety standard.
- The size of the customer’s machine allowed a rather small cavity for the electrical box.
Alexanders Schneider got the project done First Time Right, delivering a high quality Power Box while meeting the design objectives of safety, manufacturability and ease of access.