Software & Services provider
Designing, engineering and manufacturing integrated IT Racks & Cabinets
A leading Software & Services provider to the world’s most successful communications and media companies turned to Alexander for a global solution;
With over 20,000 employees and customers in over 80 countries, this NASDAQ traded company trusted Alexander Schneider’s technical and logistics expertise to design, engineer and manufacture integrated IT racks & cabinets for its global customers.
Within days of receiving the purchase order, Alexander Schneider provided a completely integrated cabinet, ready-to-use, populated with HP servers, IBM Storage and Juniper Switches. The cabinets are packed (fully populated) for international transit and shipped internationally to the end customer’s location, almost anywhere on the globe. There, Alexander Schneider’s team installs the cabinet in the end customer’s data center. Each rack (aka cabinet) is custom configured to the project’s requirements.
Solution and Work Process
This is how we Rack & Roll:
- We analyze the Project requirements from a hardware standpoint when we receive it from our customer
- Our engineering team selects the hardware components from a pre-approved database of IT and electrical components
- We provide a design for approval to the customer including Rack, servers, storage, switches, PDUs, KVM, Cables and accessories
- Upon approval, we go into a purchasing and hardware integration activity
- Full hardware integration up to the OS level
- Safety and quality test
- Packing, shipping and on-site installation, anywhere (almost) in the world.
- The whole cycle takes 8-22 business days.
The customer is able to focus on their core activities of developing and marketing software solutions while gaining competitive advantages (time to market, high quality) and achieving significant operational savings.