In Israel, building a dedicated data center is a project that typically takes 3-5 years. In the government sector, it takes even more time.
The problems that this reality presents are significant:
- Projects go significantly over budget
- Very long time to market with the loss of revenue and market share that this entails.
- Higher CAPEX
- Longer ROI
- Outdated designs
- Design compromises and low energy efficiency
Alexander Schneider, in partnership with Vertiv, presents solutions in 3 different architectures:
- A prefabricated modular data center from 500KW to 10MW in less than a year. Tier 3 or Tier 4 certifications are easily attainable.
- A hybrid solution for when a building structure is already in existence.
- Containerized EDGE datacenters for up to 200KW each.
Prefabricated Modular Data Centers
A prefabricated data center is a modular, resilient and agile data center that has been constructed on the production floor in modules. The data center is fully assembled and tested in the factory and then dis-assembled to be shipped to the customer’s location. Upon arrival to the site, the data center is assembled again and commissioned.
The many advantages of prefabricated data centers are:
- Time to market: typically, 9 months from the contract date
- Quick ROI
- Low risk
- Quality, tested design
- High energy efficiency for low OPEX
- Built-in modularity. Easily expandable
- Tier 3 or Tier 4 certifications by the Uptime Institute re easily attainable
The following video shows how the data center is built, assembled and tested in the factory. This specific datacenter is for 156 racks, 1.1MW IT, Tier 3 data center. Customers began using this site only 9 months after the contract was signed.
The following video shows how a 2-story modular data center was assembled at the customer’s site. This specific data center is the T-Systems data center in Barcelona, Spain. It is a 1.1 MW data center (out of a total of 5MW) that began operations merely 6 months after the contract was signed.
Hybrid Architecture Modular Data Center
A hybrid architecture is a perfect solution for a customer who is interested in a quick time to market within an existing structure. For more information please ask email@example.com
EDGE containerized Data Center
A data center in a container is a solution for customers who are interested in a small (generally up to 200KW) of in a mobile to temporary solution.
Our catalog includes a variety of Off-The-Shelf solutions for quick deployment. In addition, we offer configurable solutions per the customer’s spec. Generally, a data center in a container includes server and network racks, UPS, Air conditioning, Fire detection and extinguishing, Busbars, cable pathways, lighting and physical security systems. To download the catalog, please click here
For an in-depth explanation of the benefits and design considerations of Modular Data Centers – what benefits do they confer to the construction, operation, and modification of critical facilities like Data Centers, please watch the recorded webinar below (the webinar is in Hebrew)